9th Class Social Science Holidays Home Work – June 2017
Note - Students have to write the brief answers to these questions in their fair note book of SS
1.Political body of France is called
a) Duma b) Reichtag c) Lok Sabha d) Estates General
2 . Who advocated Government based on Social Contract ?
a) Darwin b) Spencer c) Rousseau d) Montesquieu
3. Which period of 18th century is reffered as the Reign of terror in the history of France ?
a) 1750 -51 b) 1760-61 c) 1770-71 d) 1793-94
4. Which of the following were the national colours of france ?
a) Blue-green-yellow b) Red-green-blue c)blue-white- red d) yellow-red-white
5. At which of the following battle was Napolean finally defeated ?
a) Paris b) Waterloo c) Elba d) Versailles
6. Who was the leader of Jacobin Club ?
a) John Locke b) Rossueau c) Maximillan d) Roget
7. Which of these did not belong Jacobin Club ?
a) Printers b) Servants c) daily wage workers d) Nobles
8. Whom did Louis xvi get marry to ?
9. What was ‘Mareillaise’ ?
10. Whose rule in the history of France is known as Reign of Terror ?
11. What was Jacobins ?
12. Who wrote two treaties of Govt .?
13. Which proposal of 3rd estates was rejected by estates general ?
14. Name the French posts through which slave trade was done ?
15. Write a short note on the ‘Abolition of slavery in France ‘,.
16. Explain the term ‘Society of a estate’.
17. What were the salient features of the constitution of 1791 of France ?
18. Discuss the role of middle class in the French Revolution .
19. How did peasants protest against feudal lords or nobles of France ?
20 . Explain how the new political system of constitutional monarchy in France worked ?
Nazism and Rise of Hitler
1. In which year Germany surrendred to the allies ?
a) 1946 b) 1947 c) 1945 d) 1987
2. Hitler was born in …….
a) Australia b) France c) Austria d) Germany
3. The nazi party had become the largest party by
a) 1930 b) 1931 c) 1932 d) 1933
4. Hitler hated a
a) Indians b) Jews c) Aryans d) Muslims
5. When did Germany withdraw herself from the League of Nations ?
a) 1930 b) 1931 c) 1932 d) 1933
6. The ‘ Secret State Police “ was called ;
a) Security service b) the Protection squad C) Gestapo d) patriots
7. The most infamous Film made on Jews was :
a) Jews the undesirable b) Jews the killers c) the Internal Jews d) Where Jews Live
8. What was ‘article 48’ of Weimer Republic ?
9. What was Reichstag ?
10. Which party was named as Nazi Party ?
11. What was the name given to Gas Chamber by Nazi ?
12. Who wrote the third “Reich of dreams’ ?
13. When did U.S. enter the World War II ?
14. Who was Darwin ?
15. When was tripatriate pact signed ? What was its importance ?
16. How did Hitler capture power in germany ?
17. How did economic crisis begin in the U.S.A. ?
18 Mention major terms of the treaty of Versaillies .
19. Who was Hjalmar Schacht ? What was his theory regarding the economic recovery ?
20 . Describe the formation of the Nazi party .
India – Size and Location
1. What % of the World’s land area is with India ?
a) 2.8% b) 8.2% c) 4.2% d) 2.4%
2. What is is Indias position in the world with the reference to geographical area ?
a) 5 b) 10 c) 7 d) 11
3. Which of the following is an Island country ?
a) Pakistan b) Nepal c) Bangladesh d) Maldives
4. Which longitudes divides India into two equal parts /
a) Tropic of cancer b) Tropic of capricon c) Standard Meridian d) Prime Meridian
5. What is the area of Landmass of India ?
a) 3.28 m.sq.km b) 3.97 m.sq.km c) 4.27 m.sq.km. d) 3.18 m.sq.km.
6. Which countries are bigger than India in size ?
7. Which states of India share border with Bangladesh ?
8. Why India is known as peninsula ?
9. What is the time lag between Gujarat and Arunachal Pradesh ?
10. What is Standard Meridian Of India ?
Part B. Ques no. 11- 15 ( carry 3 marks )
11. Why do we need Standard Meridian of a Country ?
12. What is significance of India’s central location on the head of the Indian Ocean ?
13. How is India’s geographical location favourable for International Trade ?
14. What is India’s latitudinal & longitudinal extent ? What is the total area of India ?
15. How has India develop relationship with World through the Land route ?
Part C. Ques No.16-20 ( carry 5 marks )
16. Describe the contribution of India’s contacts with the oriental world .
17. Why Ahmedabad will see the sun overhead twice a year ?
18. Differentiate between Local time & Standard time .
19. What are India’s unique locational features ?
20. Why is the study of the latitude & longitude is important for us ?
Physical features of India
Part A Ques no 1 – 10 (carry 1 mark)
1. What is the outermost range of the Himalayas ?
a) Shiwalik b) HImadri c) Makalu d) Himachal
2. Mount Everest The highest peak of the Himalayas lies in
a) Pakistan b) India c) Bhutan d) Nepal
3. …………. Is the main river of Indian deserts .
a) Luni b) Ravi c) Indus d) Ganga
4. Which of the following hills are not the part of Puruvanchal?
a) Patkai b) Nilgiri c) Nagas d) Mizos
5. Which of the Northern most range of The great Himalayas ?
a) Himadri b) Shiwalik c) Puruvanchal d) Himachal
6. What is the width of Himalayas ?
7. Name the highest peak of The Himalayas In India ?
8. What was Gondwana Land ?
9. Which region is called Terai region ?
10. Which famous valleys are located in Himachal ?
Part B. Ques No. 11-15 ( carry 3 marks )
11. Why are Shiwalik prone to landslides ?
12. Why are the Himalayas called Young fold Mountains ?
13. Describe the salient features of eastern coastal plains .
14. Write 3 charateristics of Ganga- Brahamputra delta .
15. How does the Indian landmass display a great physical contrast ?
Part C. Ques No. 16-20 ( carry 5 marks )
16. Compare & contrast the Northern Plains & Coastal Plains .
17. What are the uses of the Himalayas to India /
18. Compare the Indo- Gangetic plains with Deccan Plateau .
19. Differentiate between Western & Eastern Ghats .
20. Describe how were the Himalayas formed ?
Part A Ques No. 1- 10 (carry 1 mark)
1. Which of the following is not a Himalayan River ?
a) Ganga b) Brahamaputra c) Indus d) Godavari
2. Which city is located on Water divide ?
a) Allahabad b) Ambala c) Amritsar d) Patna
3. Which is the largest Peninsular River ?
a) Mahanadi b) Krishna c) Tapti d) Godavari
4. Chilka Lake is good example of
a) An Oxbow Lake b) A man made lake c) A lagoon lake d) all of these
5. Which is the largest fresh water lake in India ?
a) Chilka Lake b) Wular Lake c) Sambhar Lake d) Govind sagar Lake
6. What is a River system ?
7. What does the term a Drainage mean ?
8. Name some fresh water lake of India .
9. Which river has the largest basin in India ?
10. Which river is called Dakshin Ganga ?
Part B Ques No. 11- 15 ( carry 3 marks )
11 . Mention any three features of Indian Drainage system .
12 What is Importance of Lakes ?
13 What is Meander ?
14. What is lagoon ? Give an Example .
15 Write a note on Sunderban Delta .
Part C. Ques No 16 – 20 ( carry 5 marks )
16. What are the main causes of pollution of Indian Rivers ?
17. What types of lakes are found in India ? Give suiatable examples .
18 Give main characteristics of largest paninsular river .
19. Explain the National River Conservation Plan in berief .
20. Why are rivers considered to be Lifeline of Human Civilization ?
For any query mail at firstname.lastname@example.org